Coronavirus (COVID-19): keeping children safe online
Advice and guidance to help parents and carers to keep children safe online during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Young Person's Guide to Keeping Children Safe
Supporting children and young people’s mental health.
Please click here for information and advice from NSPCC.
Bullying and cyberbullying
Bullying and cyberbullying can happen to any child. Please click here for advice from NSPCC to help keep children safe from bullying, wherever it happens.
Please click here for information and advice from Childline.
Safeguarding your child online
Please find some useful links to help safeguard your child during the school closure.
- Thinkuknow provides advice from the National Crime Agency (NCA) on staying safe online
Parent info is a collaboration between Parentzone and the NCA providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations
Childnet offers a toolkit to support parents and carers of children of any age to start discussions about their online life, to set boundaries around online behaviour and technology use, and to find out where to get more help and support
Internet matters provides age-specific online safety checklists, guides on how to set parental controls on a range of devices, and a host of practical tips to help children get the most out of their digital world
London Grid for Learning has support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online, including tips to keep primary aged children safe online
Net-aware has support for parents and carers from the NSPCC, including a guide to social networks, apps and games
Let’s Talk About It has advice for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation
- UK Safer Internet Centre has tips, advice, guides and other resources to help keep children safe online, including parental controls offered by home internet providers and safety tools on social networks and other online services
Harmful or upsetting content
Get support by:
- reporting harmful online content to the UK Safer Internet Centre
- getting government advice and trusted resources from Educate Against Hate on safeguarding from radicalisation, building resilience to extremism, and promoting shared values
Bullying or abuse online
- get advice on reporting online abuse from the National Crime Agency’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection command
- get advice and support from Anti-Bullying Alliance for children who are being bullied