Transition Summer 2020
Click here to listen to a message from your new Headteacher and Head of Year
Dear future Year 7 student,
Hello! My name is Ms Loizou and I will be your Head of Year when you join us in September.
Usually by now I would have been to visit many of you in your primary schools and I am saddened to not be able to do that this year.
I thought I would send you this note to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about your new school.
I am so excited to meet you all face to face as you start the next big journey… High School! As your Head of Year I am one of the people that you can come and speak to if you have any concerns (as well as your teachers, form tutor and the pastoral team). I will be here for you and help you as you get used to this transition from Year 6 into Year 7.
When you join us it will be natural to feel nervous. Some of you are coming from schools with lots of friends and some of you are the only person coming from your primary school. I can guarantee that despite being nervous you will soon settle in and would have made some new friends in your tutor groups. It also won’t take you long to get to know the building. It usually takes about three days to work out your way around and older students and staff will always be happy to help you. These are usually the things that students are most nervous about so I hope I have made you feel a bit more confident about joining us!
I will be sending you more messages. In the meantime, keep working hard and enjoy the summer!
All the best,
Head of Year 7
Introduction to Year 7 curriculum
Your teachers are really looking forward to meeting you and to teaching you! We love our subjects and we hope that you are excited about learning with us.
We have put together this introduction to your Year 7 curriculum so that you can start to explore all the subjects you will be learning in high school. We hope you enjoy it!
Virtual Welcome Evening
A warm welcome to all our Year 6 students and parents. Unfortunately we have not been able to meet you in person so we have recorded the following messages and information for you to enjoy.
- Click here to access a welcome message from Mr Davies, Headteacher
- Click here to access a presentation from Mrs Coltman, Deputy Headteacher, about how you can support your child at secondary school
- Click here to access a presentation from Mrs Hill, Deputy Headteacher, about student progress reports
- Click here to access a presentation from Mrs Stoodley, Pastoral Director, about uniform
- Click here to access a presentation from Ms Ware the SENCo
- Click here to access a presentation from Mr Ladhani, Curriculum Leader of Maths
- Click here to access a presentation from Mrs Keenan, Director of English, about how you can support your child with their reading
- Click here to access a presentation from Ms Loizou, Head of Year 7