To view the School Admissions Brochure 2021 for Hillingdon and for further information on applying for a secondary school place please click here. The closing date for applications is Saturday 31st October.
Admissions Criteria (summary)
1. A looked after child (as defined in the Children Act 1989) or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption residence, or a special guardianship order.
2. Children who have a sibling living in the same household who currently attend the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission. A sibling refers to a brother or sister, half brother or sister with one parent in common, adopted brother or sister.
2.2. Sibling - A sibling is defined as a child of the same parent either by birth, marriage or adoption, whose normal place of residence is at the same address. The child of partners may be considered as a sibling when the partners live at the same address and have cohabited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were partners by marriage or civil partners) for a minimum of two years.
3. Children from families of UK Armed Forces service personnel with a confirmed posting to RAF Northolt living within two and a half kilometres radius to the school, or crown servants returning from overseas living within two kilometre radius to the school.
4. Children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances:
a) where the member of staff has been employed at Ruislip High School for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or
b) the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
5. Children living nearest to the school. Distance will be measured in a straight line from the point set by Ordnance Survey at the child’s home address to the main school gate at Sidmouth Drive (co-ordinates 510184, 186161) using a computerised mapping system.
No additional information is required at the time of the initial application.
To view the Department for Education (DfE) website where you can compare schools in the area and view performance tables, please click here.
To view the Department for Education (DfE) advice for parents and guardians on school admission appeals, please click here.